Women Empowerment Foundation International Job Vacancies / Recruitment 2017/2018
Women Empowerment Foundation International (WEFI) is a Non-governmental Organization, provides vocational, educational and health supports to its target beneficiaries to enable them realize their full potential. Through its activities and programmes, the organization is able to reach out to the needy, particularly orphans, impacting their lives and reducing their suffering.
WEFI was founded in 2009 by a group of women entrepreneurs and professionals who believe in the principles of Christ, Accountability, Integrity and Charity as means to empower women and transform the lives of the needy in society.
Job Vacancy For Finance Manager
To establish and maintain financial management procedures for WEFI and to ensure that all financial policies and procedures are complied with.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Financial Management
• Develop financial management systems which are in compliance with GAAP guidelines and the laws of the country.
• Ensure that appropriate financial management systems are maintained, and that all procedures and controls are implemented.
• Assist in the development of programme and project budgets.
• Monitor and review adherence to donor financial requirements.
• Prepare monthly management reports at the end of each month.
• Prepare monthly financial accounting reports at the end of each month, and submit to the Executive Director by the second week of the following month.
• Prepare all financial reports requested by donors and other stakeholders.
• Ensure that monthly bank reconciliation statements are prepared and filed.
• Ensure that all transactions are properly accounted for.
• Manage bank accounts.
• Monitor cash flow, and ensure that sufficient funds are always available in the bank.
• Authorize payroll, and other payments.
• Become a signatory to all bank accounts.
• Monitor the funding situation, and prepare the funding grid at the end of each month.
• Assist in the preparation of budgets as requested.
• Provide any other financial information, as requested, and respond to any other financial queries.
• Provide assistance to external auditors during annual financial audit.
2. Human Resource Management
• Supervise Accounts Officer
• Participate in any interview recruiting an accounting staff.
• Prepare annual performance appraisal for finance/accounting staff under your supervision.
• Ensure Team Members adhere to tenets of the HR Manual.
3. Undertake any other responsibilities as may be assigned by Management
Qualification Required & Experience
• Must hold a minimum of a Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related disciplines from a reputable university.
• Professional qualifications; CA, ACCA or CPA will be an added advantage.
• 3 years or more experience in managing accounts in an NGO one of which must be in a management position
• Experience of managing donor funds and ensuring compliance with donor requirements.
• Ability to present, discuss and supervise compliance with grants monitoring protocols with team members of varying levels
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective project files for accountability and audit purposes
• Financial report writing,
• People management,
• ability to work under pressure,
• Team player
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have extensive knowledge of Microsoft Word; Excel; accounting software and payroll systems. Knowledge of Access preferred.
Job Vacancy For Executive Director
• To provide overall leadership and strategic direction to WEFI programmes.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead the Senior Management Team in making key decisions that will ensure the smooth implementation of WEFI’s goal and overall strategic direction.
• Demonstrate clearly a personal drive for gender rights and sensitive towards the plight of the less privileged throughout work and ensure he/she leads by example in representing the organizational values, mission, vision and goal.
• Lead the team in agreeing on the modalities for Programming, Finance and Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) on each project.
• Lead WEFI in all work activities ensuring the engagement of participants is held as the highest priority in the delivery of the projects.
2. Funding and Grants Management
• Increase the overall income of WEFI by securing new funding of projects through in-country and external funding initiatives.
• Ensure organizational sustainability by undertaking diversified fundraising initiatives.
• Keep abreast of the trends within the donor environment in the Country and Internationally.
• Facilitate donor visits, donor meetings, round table discussions and evaluations as necessary.
• Be aware of all donor conditionality and monitor adherence.
3. Programme Management
• Ensure that robust systems of planning and delivering projects are in place and implemented, from design and inception to delivery and evaluation
• Support the Programmes Manager to ensure that project performance is monitored regularly and compared to targets, deliverables, and budget.
• Ensure that the planning, delivery and evaluation of projects complies with donor expectations and the terms of donor contracts, and that reporting to donors is of the highest standard.
• Ensure that impact is effectively evaluated and measured to the highest standard in all programmes on a regular basis, and that learning from the data is maximized and new strategies are adopted to increase impact.
• Ensure that the impact of WEFI’s work is clearly demonstrated through annual impact assessments, and use the information to develop annual reports to be shared with various stakeholders.
• Develop new project proposals using learning and achievements from previous projects.
• Develop and maintain an organizational culture of learning and reflection leading to changes in programme delivery
4. Financial Management
• Provide oversight to all finance and administrative services in the organization.
• Ensure effective implementation and compliance with the Financial Management Manual and compliance with procedures required by grant or contract agreements.
• Oversee the development and implementation of annual budgets.
• Ensure that adequate internal control mechanisms are in place.
• Review accuracy of accounts and carry out periodic checks on financial matters.
• Oversee annual and project-specific audit processes within the organization.
• Ensure the preparation, accuracy and timely submission of financial reports that comply with grant or contract agreements and ensure compliance with all aspects of WEFI policies and donor funding.
• Check and verify all inventories and promote efficient management of organizational assets.
• Be a signatory to all bank accounts.
5. Human Resources Management
• Provide leadership support to staff and promote best practices in human resources management.
• Coordinate regular reviews and update of the human resources policies and procedures.
• Ensure that Health and Safety is prioritized in each area of WEFI’s work, especially in road safety.
• Ensure compliance with the overall human resources management manual and the national labour laws.
• Oversee adequate implementation of the performance management system including performance objectives and planning, review, appraisal and staff development
• Coordinate the development of a staff development plan in line with strategic directions of WEFI.
• Oversee and monitor efficiency and fairness of recruitment processes across WEFI.
• Organize regular meetings with the senior management team and all staff for the purpose of exchanging information, coordination and learning.
• Be a signatory to all agreements entered into by WEFI.
• Serve as the lead spoke person for WEFI.
Qualification Required & Experience
• The ideal candidate must have a Master’s degree in social sciences, social work, gender studies, development studies or a development related field.
• Must have considerable knowledge and experience of the NGO sector in Ghana
• At least 10 years proven track record with a minimum of 5 years in a top leadership position in development work, women empowerment and poverty alleviation programmes with proven initiative, flexibility and enthusiasm in managing complex activities in a changing environment.
• Demonstrated senior management expertise, including proven ability to develop the capacities of multi-disciplinary professional teams undertaking comprehensive poverty alleviation strategy.
• Fundraising skills with proven track record in innovative funding streams, contract management from bilateral and multilateral donors etc.
• Proven experience in managing complex financial control and management systems.
• Demonstrated expertise in strategic and long-term planning and the ability to ensure that operational plans and activities meet targets and appropriately reflect longer term perspectives.
• Proven experience of working and negotiating with Government officials and/or donors at all levels.
• Sound and up to date knowledge of development concepts, methodologies and techniques including demonstrated expertise in at least one specialist development field.
• Excellent negotiation and communication skills, including demonstrated ability to handle sensitive diplomatic and Government level negotiations on matters affecting WEFI.
• Proficiency in English. Fluency of local language is an advantage to the role.
• Strong leadership and management skills with experience in networked federation / organisation and matrix functioning.
• Strong analytical/Problem solving, and management of crisis, conflict and risk.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should submit CV, cover letter and written sample funding proposal report addressed to:
The HR Manager,
Women Empowerment Foundation International,
P. O. Box CT 4804.
All applications should be sent to:
Kindly use the title of the position as the subject line.
Closing Date: 08 December, 2017
WEFI is an equal opportunity employer; women are especially encouraged to apply
🔥 RECOMMENDED POSTS:
- Public Universities in Ghana: Full List, Courses, Admissions, Fees, Contacts & More
- Technical Universities in Ghana: Full List, Courses, Admissions, Fees, Contacts & More
- List of Universities Admission Lists 2018/2019