World Bank Recruitment 2019 for Associate Facilities & Administrative Officer
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the World Bank Recruitment 2019. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
World Bank Recruitment 2019
IFC—a sister organization of the World Bank and member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work with more than 2,000 businesses worldwide, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in the toughest areas of the world. In fiscal year 2018, we delivered more than $23 billion in long-term financing for developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org
The International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in developing countries. It is committed to financing private sector businesses in emerging markets, mobilizing capital in the international finance markets, helping clients improve social and environmental sustainability and providing advisory services to governments and businesses.
IFC’s Facilities Management & Administration Group (CBAFA) is part of IFC’s Business Planning & Administration Department (CBA). CBA departmental responsibilities include budgeting, investment support, reporting & analytics, management secretariat, administration, facilities management, operational procurement and global security among others.
CBAFA is responsible for administration, operational procurement, security and facilities management/real estate.
IFC is seeking a competent facilities and administrative officer to run its office in Accra. The office is a 9,050sqm, 5-story building on a 1.4-acre site on Independence Avenue in Central Accra, Ghana. The building was built in 2013. It is owned by IFC and the World Bank and is known as the World Bank Group Building. There are about 140 occupants in the building.
The Associate Facilities and Administrative Officer is responsible for the local implementation of the IFC policies and programs at the Accra office, including representing the IFC locally and managing relationship with local stakeholders (such as WBG staff, tenants and outsourced service providers and authorities), and overseeing the provision of integrated building management and project management, comprising oversight and coordination of contracted services for housekeeping, operations and maintenance of electrical and mechanical systems, overall building and equipment maintenance contracts.
Role & Responsibilities:
The Associate Facilities & Administrative Officer’s main responsibility will be the management and oversight of a primary comprehensive contract and a few lesser contracts for facility management services. The contracted facility management services will include housekeeping, building operations and maintenance (mechanical, electrical, plumbing), elevator maintenance, waste management, internal moving services, food services (for a café and a small canteen on premises), and landscaping and grounds maintenance.
His/her duties and responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to:
- Oversee and ensure that the terms and conditions of the service contracts (building management teams) and IFC-facility standards for operations and maintenance, including preventive maintenance schedules for building equipment are adhered to
- Oversee the document management of all Building Manuals, Operating Instructions, insurance requirements and insure proper management
- Receive and attend to all facilities related issues in an organized, communicative and transparent manner. Provide status and follow-up documentation to team lead
- Coordinate job responsibilities with the on-site World Bank Group Security Officer and interact with Corporate Security and EMT
- Monitor the performance of the Facilities Helpdesk that is operated by the FM Services Contractor. Report and track facilities-related building occupant needs and the resolution of reported problems
- Manage an asset program for IFC-owned furniture, equipment, fixtures and vehicles
- Coordinate required building management purchases under $25,000 with the Regional Finance Controller using corporate procurement guidelines. Provide support to Finance Budget and Procurement teams
- Work closely with the Regional Real Estate Coordinator (RREC) Team Lead to formulate reporting procedures for monthly expenses. Provide monthly building management budgets and expense reports. As required, attend and report at the Country Office Management Unit Meetings
- Review all contractor invoices and recommend for payment by the Accra-based Finance Officer. Provide monthly building management budget and expense reports to the RREC Team Lead
- Develop annual building management cost estimates with the RREC Team Lead, for submission for inclusion in the annual budget preparation
- Develop technical and statement of work specifications for any additional contracted building and equipment maintenance services and participate in the evaluation/selection of bidders responding to RFIs, RFPs, or other contract procurement processes as needed in the Accra Office ensuring compliance with the World Bank Group’s procurement standards for larger facilities purchases and contracts
- Assist with providing architectural and equipment background and data on the current facility as needed for the design and construction of any minor interior renovations to ensure alignment with building systems and equipment, finishing standards and compliance with fire, life and safety codes
- Compile a portfolio of companies to be solicited for the various procurement needs
- Maintain a current table of head and seat counts in the Accra office
- Ensure that established procedures for all fire, life safety and security programs are followed for periodic inspections and staff emergency drills. Plan and conduct the emergency drills, in coordination with the Country Security Specialist
- Maintain a space use database and coordinate internal moves with local IT staff
- Take responsibility for administrative tasks including but not limited to: procurement of certain non-facilities related goods and services; recruitment of local consultants and temporary staff/firms, contract management, and first-level SAP approvals.
- Act as IFC representative for United Nations Operations Management Team in Ghana
- Act as driver supervisor and coordinate their medical examinations and training
- Provide support to the real estate carbon footprint team by coordinating an effective Greening Program to minimize waste and user impact on the environment; implements effective post-occupancy energy and water management programs to reduce the building footprint.
- A graduate degree, preferably in Architecture, Facilities Management, Construction Management, Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, or a related discipline, and over 6-8 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- Working knowledge of building infrastructure and engineering systems, international and local Ghana building codes and regulations, an advantage
- Procurement and financial management skills and experience
- Strong project and construction management skills with ideally related certification
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to effectively manage multiple and/or complex operational issues in a building
- Interest in, and experience with, sustainable facilities management practices
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills. Ability to diplomatically communicate with clients at all levels, as well as local government authorities and contractors. Effective interpersonal, communication and listening skills, excellent sense of client orientation, and drive for results.
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills to effectively manage outsourced building facilities staff and other vendors to deliver integrated services
- Ability to systematically maintain records for contract administration, building operations and costs to facilitate periodic contract audits by internal auditors
- Knowledge and experience with the latest technology relevant to assigned responsibilities such as Microsoft Office, AutoCAD (or equivalent), MS Project, Primavera or equivalent project tracking software desirable
- Initiative in learning and/or supporting implementation of emerging technology and systems relevant to effective work of the office.
- Willingness and ability to be available on a 24/7 basis in case of emergencies
- Willingness to travel internationally on occasion.
- This position is subject to local recruitment and a local salary scale. Only those candidates who meet the above requirements will be considered
How to Apply